Aaron Rodgers on returning this nfl season: 'If I was 100% I'd be definitely be pushing to play'

Aaron Rodgers ruled himself out for the rest of the 2023 NFL season on Tuesday during “The Pat McAfee Show."


The New York Jets quarterback has been out since Week 1 with a torn Achilles, and as the team has rotated through three other signal-callers since the injury, the possibility of Rodgers returning this season has been a big topic and has mostly kept him alive on a weekly basis.

Spoken words by Aaron Rodgers:

"If I was 100 percent today, I'd be pushing to play. But the fact is, I'm not," Rodgers said ... The whole time it's been hoping that we're still in it because it's unrealistic to think I'd be 100 percent at any point in the regular season."

"I feel good about where I’m at now to at least there would have been a conversation about it. Now without a timetable to come back, obviously we can be as smart as we need to be."

With the Jets officially eliminated from playoff contention following Sunday's loss to the Miami Dolphins, Rodgers' earlier optimism was gone and he told McAfee that he is not 100% medically cleared to play yet and that it would take "three-to-four weeks" for him to get there.

Credit: Yahoo sports!

Comments

Free ebook